PDQ has done it again—we've pioneered a new industry defining vehicle cleaning method, with
the Tandem™ RiteTouch. This superior wash system incorporates both touch-free and friction,
giving operators who prefer the "clean" produced by friction systems—a new choice from the
What is the RiteTouch?
The Tandem™ RiteTouch's full-body detergent coverage and simplified two brush engineering
provides consistent cleaning performance with minimal brush contact. On average, the
Tandem™ touches the vehicle up to 70% less than five brush car wash systems on the market.
With the widest top brush coverage in the industry, the foam brushes are torque sensitive to
monitor the contour of the vehicle and provide low-force cleaning power. The side-profiling,
high-pressure wash arms, effectively remove stubborn soil from the vehicle's surface. Plus, the
three stage wheel cleaning system includes chemical application, rotating soft rim scrubbers and
high pressure wheel blasters. The key factor to RiteTouch technology is touching the vehicle as
little as possible to minimize the potential for vehicle damage, but applying the right amount of
touch to produce a superior wash quality.
• Balance between solutions and high pressure
• Requires dwell time and heat
• Water quality is very important
• Solutions applied to satisfy customer
• Wetting and lubricating the surface is important
• Must touch everywhere multiple times
• Solutions required with good overall coverage
• High pressure used for removing large dirt
• No heat is required
• Touch pass is only required once, no constant beating of one area on the vehicle
• Water quality not as crucial as Touch-Free methods
The patent-pending Tandem™ two-bridge design allows multiple cleaning processes to take
place at one time speeding up the wash, versus a linear process common with most other friction
systems. The belt driven bridges work in tandem to easily glide over the vehicle, adjusting their
speeds and covering gaps to ensure the vehicle is completely covered. The Tandem™ is also
capable of washing oversized SUV's and dually trucks. Unlike other friction type systems, the
expansive foam top and single rotational side brush configuration creates an entirely open wash
bay—the trademark of all PDQ in-bay systems.
Advanced Tire & Rim Scrubbers
New Triplex Wheel System technology takes tire scrubbing to a new level of customer
satisfaction. During the process, each tire receives a chemical application allowing for dwell
time, next the wheel rim receives an intense circular rotational scrubbing, and then the full wheel
receives a high pressure blast.
PDQ's new patent pending drying system adds virtually no additional time for dryer service. The
three step process begins with the back bridge applying a protectant. Next the front bridge
applies a spot free rinse with rain arch, which is instantly followed by forced air from a Max Air
On Board dryer. The high velocity air keeps the rinse water moving in rapid motion across the
vehicle, not allowing water to settle on the vehicle.
Operator System Features & Benefits Summary
• High Volume Throughput & Low Maintenance
• Virtual Treadle® makes it easier for customers to drive into and out of the wash bay, increasing washes per hour.
• Faster wash cycle speeds due to its two bridge design, multiple cleaning processes take place simultaneously, to increase vehicle throughput.
• Optional feature of FlashDry, requires no additional time for dryer service, resulting in more cars per hour.
• With RiteTouch technology, brushes have a longer lifespan on average due to less touch time per vehicle.
• Unique brush design and technology allows for the washing of large SUV's and dually trucks.
• Overhead systems tend to last longer and hold up better than floor mounted systems.
• Low maintenance, free standing or cross beam mounting.
• Air compressor is not required.
Tandem™ RiteTouch's energy-efficient design is environmentally-friendly because it uses less
water, fewer chemicals and less electricity, resulting in lower costs and more efficient operation.
• Effective wash packages—Average between 12-14 gallons of water per wash and less than 40 gallons for a full wash package.
• No heat required for detergent.
• Solutions are applied in one pass within an electronically measured and precisely controlled wash-envelope that requires no purging of chemicals.
• Fast, efficient wash cycles significantly reduce electrical costs.
To visit Manufacturer’s Website, go to www.pdqinc.com